Historic White Stag Block Renovation

Bremik Construction was honored to have the opportunity to complete the adaptive reuse renovation of the White Stag Block that’s comprised of three historic buildings: the Bickel Block (1883), the Skidmore Block (1889), and the White Stag (1907). Rich in history and legend, these Old Town Portland architectural icons were rejuvenated after combining them into one, 142,000 sf education and office center that highlights craftsmanship and sustainability. During remediation in 2008, the Historic White Stag Block was the country’s largest LEED Gold Certified project under construction. The client’s 20% DMWESB utilization goal was exceeded with 24% total participation.

  • Location|Portland, OR
  • SF|142,000
  • Owner|Venerable Group
  • Architect|Fletcher Farr Ayotte
  • Award|LEED Gold Certified | 2008 Timmy Award, Best Sustainable Historic Rehabilitation, National Housing and Rehabilitation Association | 2008 Best Education Project, Northwest Construction Magazine | 2008 Best Sustainable Project, GreenSmart Award, Northwest Construction Magazine | 2008 Top Projects Award, DJC | 2010 Preservation Honor Award, National Trust for Historic Preservation | 2009 Craftsmanship Award, American Institute of Architects